Workforce Development Designed To Meet Your Needs
DSLCC offers a comprehensive package of workforce solutions designed to enhance the ability of business and industry to gain and maintain the competitive edge in the marketplace. These services range from training needs assessment to training delivery and evaluation and are offered both for credit and noncredit. DSLCC can customize training programs to fit the needs of individuals and organizations and can be offered at the business site or one of the College’s training centers. DSLCC is committed to developing partnerships with business, government and the community to promote the economic vitality of the region and improve the overall quality of life.
Each Business Partner is Unique!
We know that the most effective workforce training comes from a true working relationship between employer and trainer. Training programs can be customized to support our business partners’ specific needs.
Whether you are hiring for the first time, retraining for new projects or investing in the long-term development of employees, Dabney S. Lancaster Community College (DSLCC) offers the right match of programs and employee development plans. A representative of DSLCC will meet with you to discuss your training needs. Assistance is provided in the following areas:
- Training needs assessment
- Job analysis
- Training plan development
- Course delivery
- Evaluation and continuous support
DSLCC makes training convenient for your business! Our training programs can be offered at the time and location that meet your schedule.
A World of Opportunities
As part of Virginia’s comprehensive educational and business assistance network, DSLCC brings virtually unlimited resources to each business partner. If expertise or technology beyond those provided within DSLCC’s on-site reserves are needed, we know where to turn.
Each Workforce Development Business Partner is Supported by:
- The Virginia Community College Workforce Development Services Program, which includes 23 community colleges throughout the state
- Virginia’s Center for Innovative Technology (CIT), which advances economic growth and technology leadership by providing access to technologies and technical/educational resources around the globe
- The state’s 84 institutions of higher learning, including four-year colleges and universities
- Teleconferencing capabilities that bring off-site experts directly to your employees
Whether you need professional development for managers or highly-technical industrial training, DSLCC’s Workforce Development program provides practical strategies for improving productivity, upgrading skills, or introducing new approaches, methods, software or machinery.
We can design an entirely new program to address specific training criteria or customize a course from one of our current offerings.
The Bottom Line Is Success
DSLCC has a proven record in providing successful Workforce Development programs! DSLCC’s strengths become your business’ assets through a strategic Workforce Development partnership that includes:
- Efficient and affordable training
- Premium quality programs
- Skilled faculty and effective facilitators
- Locally-based providers and national experts
- Customized training for each client’s specific needs
- Convenient course locations, either at your site or one of DSLCC’s training centers
- Latest technologies
- Extensive knowledge of the region’s workforce
- A proven track record of success
- Dependable, continuing support of your evolving employee development needs
DSLCC doesn’t disappear when one training course is complete. We work with you through every stage of a successful program, from conception to satisfactory follow-up. Our Workforce Development partnerships are made to last as long as you need us.