Welcome to the Fall 2020 semester. We are updating you on some important information related to our Fall 2020 Reopening. As a reminder, DO NOT come to campus if you feel ill.
• The DSLCC Reopening Plan is published at the top of the DSLCC Web site.
• FACEMASKS. When you come on campus, you must wear a mask. Please contact Student Services if you are unable to comply with this policy: firstname.lastname@example.org, (540) 863-2925.
• SOCIAL DISTANCING. You must maintain 6 feet of social distancing at all times while on campus.
• SCREENING FORM. You are required to turn in a Student Screening Form upon arrival to campus.
• CLASS MEETING TIMES. If you are coming to campus for a class, please check your Canvas course shell for the exact meeting time. To allow for social distancing, some labs have been divided into sections to allow smaller groups to attend on different days.
• DOOR OPENINGS. Doors to DSLCC buildings will be unlocked 10 minutes before and 10 after the start of your class. Come to class on time.
• APPOINTMENT ONLY. All other visits to campus are by Appointment Only on a case by case basis. Please call upon arrival. The person with whom you have an appointment will meet you at the designated entrance to the building.
• USE DESIGNED ENTRANCES AND EXITS. Please use the designated entrances, exits, and stairwells in campus buildings.
• Prior to the start of classes, please complete the COVID-19 Student Awareness Training module that appears in each Canvas Course shell or designated LMS for your Fall classes. You must complete the training module for each class in which you are enrolled.
WHAT TO DO IF YOU FEEL ILL
• Do not come to campus if you feel ill.
• Please inform your instructor if you feel ill.
• If you are on campus and become ill, please inform your instructor and leave campus immediately.
• You can order your textbook books through the DSLCC Bookstore. They can be purchased now, but no later than August 17 in order for books to arrive by the start of classes. Books will be mailed to you.
• You may begin using your financial aid and Dabney Promise Bookstore credits to purchase books online in the DSLCC Bookstore beginning August 10.
HOW TO LOGIN TO myDABNEY
• Click on the myDabney link in the top right corner.
• Use your VCCS username and password to login to myDabney.
• Use the Advanced Password Reset tool if you haven't yet created a password.
• Student IDs have been waived for the Fall 2020 semester.
TO DO LIST
• You may have additional items to complete in order to finalize the financial aid process. Please check the To-Do list in your SIS Student Center to see if you have any outstanding items to complete.
• Check your schedule in your myDabney Student Center as some classes have changed.
If you have additional questions, please contact Joe Hagy, Director of Student Services, at (540) 863-2925 or email@example.com.