The Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Alumni Association is pleased to announce that the 4th annual Distinguished Alumni Award is currently open for nominations. Established in 2017, this prestigious award recognizes DSLCC alumni who have realized exemplary distinction in their professions and honors all those at the College who have assisted them on the path to success, ultimately enabling them to enrich their communities.
- Be a graduate of or have completed a minimum of two semesters at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College.
- Be present to accept the award.
- Have attained extraordinary distinction and success in his or her professional career or personal life.
- Be a person of such prominence and integrity that the College will take pride in his or her recognition.
- Have attained regional, statewide, or national distinction and/or have significant involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities.
Previous recipients include Steven Leitch, 2017; John Stone, 2018; and Julie Persinger Gardiner, 2019.
Nominations may be made by visiting www.dslcc.edu/alumni, completing the nomination form, and emailing to firstname.lastname@example.org. Nominations may also be mailed to: DSLCC Educational Foundation, 1000 Dabney Drive, Clifton Forge, VA 24422. Nominations are due by Tuesday, February 25, to the DSLCC Educational Foundation/ Office of Institutional Advancement. The award will be presented at the DSLCC commencement exercises on Friday, May 15. For more information on the Distinguished Alumni Award, please contact Alumni Relations Coordinator, Jodi Burgess, at email@example.com or 540-863-2835.