As a publicly-supported institution of higher education, DSLCC takes seriously its responsibility to provide meaningful and accurate information about its policies and practices. Follow the provided links to learn more about the college, including “student right to know” information.
- The College’s Annual Security Report [PDF] is provided here. This report, along with other valuable information regarding safety and security can be found on the College’s Safety and Security Webpage.
Financial Aid and Financial Assistance Information
Academic Program, Costs, Facilities, and Policies Information
- Tuition and Fees
- Net Price Calculator
- Other costs associated with specific programs, such as books and supplies, can be found on the individual program’s webpage. Certain programs do not list specific costs for supplies or equipment, but this should not be taken to indicate there are no costs for that program. A list of College programs is located here
The 2020-2021 DSLCC Catalog & Student Handbook contains information on DSLCC policies regarding, but not limited to:
- Withdrawal procedures
- Refunds and repayment
- Disability Services
- Transfer of credit policies
- Copyright infringement
Accreditation and Memberships
Student Achievement Goals
As part of DSLCC’s Strategic Plan, Pathways 2021, the College has developed several goals related to improving student achievement. The Student Achievement Data link below provides a list of these goals and the College’s progress towards meeting them. 2015-2016 marked the first full year of the strategic plan, thus the College intends to meet all listed goals by the end of the 2020-2021 academic year. The full strategic plan can be found here.
Institutional Data (as reported to IPEDS)
First-to-second year retention rate
|First-time full-time degree-seeking students entering Fall 2013:||61%|
|First-time part-time degree-seeking students entering Fall 2013:||38%|
Graduation rates* of full-time, first-time, degree/certificate-seeking undergraduates within:
|100% of normal time to completion:||16%|
|150% of normal time to completion:||27%|
|200% of normal time to completion:||31%|
Institutional Research Data (from VCCS)
- Certain information about wage and job placement data for DSLCC certificate and degree program graduates is located on the SCHEV profile page for DSLCC. In addition to providing certain wage and job placement data, this page contains a variety of data about the College and our students.
- Certain programs may also list job placement information about recent graduates. This information can be found under the Employment Outlook section of the program’s webpage. Job placement rates were calculated using the total number of program completers during the spring term (typical completion term at DSLCC) and identifying those completers with reported wage data within the six months immediately following the completion term. Virginia is a member of the WRIS-2 wage record reporting system. Thus, certain wage data are excluded from the system, meaning certain program completers may not be calculated in the job placement rate. These exclusions include: students who whose sole source of wages in the six months following graduation were from a) self-employment income, b) military wages, c) federal government wages, or d) from a state that does not participate in the WRIS-2 system. Therefore, the published rate should be seen as a conservative estimate of job placement.
- At DSLCC, a GE program 1) is a certificate or career studies certificate, 2) is Title IV financial aid eligible, and 3) leads to gainful employment in a recognized occupation. Gainful employment information is disclosed on the individual webpages of each program that meets these requirements.