The America’s Promise Grant (AP220) is open to DSLCC future students, who are over the age of 18 and meet grant guidelines. The AP220 Consortium matches current programs to reduce financial barriers for students.
AP220 provides help to as many students as possible, based on need, current funding, and goals as set by the DOL and AP220 staff. AP220 Funding ends on December 31, 2020, or whenever funds are depleted.
Some Requirements/ Responsibilities:
- Students must have and maintain a minimum 2.0 GPA.
- Students must complete the FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid) prior to applying – fafsa.gov.
- Students must attend DSLCC Orientation prior to Grant Sponsorship.
- Students must attend AP220 Orientation prior to Grant Sponsorship.
- Students must provide required documentation prior to Grant Sponsorship.
- Students must attend required workshops, job fairs, and meetings with their Career Specialist.
- Students must provide pay stubs within 30 days of achieving employment and quarterly for 1 year upon exit.
Preference is given to the following students:
- Students with leveraged funding sources – AP220 funds are required to be leveraged according to DOL guidelines
- Unemployed students
- Veterans **
*America’s Promise Grant funds are applied after all student scholarships and financial aid. AP220 funds are evaluated on a per semester basis. America’s Grant does not guarantee full sponsorship.
** Veterans must still meet grant eligibility guidelines to be given preference.
Backels Hall, Room 104
Monday – Tuesday: By Appointment
Wednesday 9am – 12pm
Thursday – Friday: By Appointment
For more information and to attend an upcoming orientation, please contact Shasta Robertson