DSLCC Distinguished Alumni Award
Calling for 2021 Nominations!
Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is the foundation for many students’ lifetime achievements. As such, the Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Alumni Association is proud to offer the Distinguished Alumni Award, established in 2017. This prestigious award recognizes DSLCC alumni who have realized exemplary distinction in their professions and honors all those at the College who have assisted them on the path to success, ultimately enabling them to enrich their communities.
To be eligible for nomination, the candidate must:
- Be a graduate of or have completed a minimum of two semesters at Dabney S. Lancaster Community College.
- Be present to accept the award.
- Have attained extraordinary distinction and success in his or her professional career or personal life.
- Be a person of such prominence and integrity that the College will take pride in his or her recognition.
- Have attained regional, statewide, or national distinction and/or have significant involvement in civic, cultural, or charitable activities.
How to Nominate
Anyone may nominate a Dabney S. Lancaster Community College alumna/us or former student for this award by completing a nomination form found here. Self-nominations are also welcome. Individuals may receive the DSLCC Distinguished Alumni Award only once a lifetime.
Nominations are being accepted through March 25, 2021 and may be submitted by mail to DSLCC Educational Foundation, Attn: Dr. James Cook, 1000 Dabney Drive, Clifton Forge, VA 24422 or email the foundation at email@example.com.
For more information on the Distinguished Alumni Award, contact the Foundation at 540-863-2934.
PAVE it Forward
All graduating DSLCC students in Spring 2016 (who will be our newest alumni), as well as current alumni, faculty, staff, other students, and friends of the College are invited to make a donation toward this wonderful scholarship to be awarded to a continuing DSLCC student each year.
Donors giving $250 or more, will receive a commemorative, etched brick that will be permanently displayed on campus in the form of a new walkway.
Join us as we pave the way for another bright future and pass on all the positive attributes of a DSLCC education to another, deserving, fellow student and future alum. Let’s PAVE it forward!
Interested in joining the Alumni Association?
- Membership is FREE!
- Use the form at the bottom of this page or contact the Educational Foundation office at (540) 863-2835.
We hope you’ll join us!
Make a difference and be a part of the DSLCC Alumni Family!
- Join in social activities to renew or create new friendships with other alumni.
- Enhance your community and business connections.
- Be a part of service projects that benefit the students and community.
- Be an advocate for important initiatives and issues regarding your college and community.
- Share what you have been doing since graduation share your success stories.
Remember – membership is FREE! Build a stronger community and campus. Join TODAY!
Already a member? You can also update your information online or contact the Foundation at firstname.lastname@example.org or call (540)863-2934.