The Associate Degree of Nursing Program is approved by the Virginia State Board of Nursing and accredited by the Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. Upon completion you will be able to provide safe, direct care in acute and non-acute settings. You may also apply to sit for the examination to become a registered nurse.
Denial of License
Code of Virginia # 54-367.32: The Nursing Board shall have the power to deny – (a nursing license) – upon proof that the person:
- Is guilty of fraud or deceit in procuring or attempting to procure a license;
- Is guilty of a felony or of a crime involving moral turpitude;
- Is unfit or incompetent by reason of negligence, habits or other causes;
- Is addicted to the use of alcohol or habit-forming drugs
- Is mentally or physically incompetent; or
- Is guilty of unprofessional conduct
Students wishing to apply to the Nursing program should fill out the Application to the ADN Nursing Program and return it to the Nursing Department administrative assistant (Backels Hall Room 204).
Students wishing to transfer should contact an advisor in Student Services for guidance.
DSLCC has Articulation Agreements with the following schools:
- Ashworth College (Nursing students only – RN to BSN)
- Eastern Mennonite University (Nursing Students only – RN to BS)
- Jefferson College of Health Sciences (Nursing Students only)
- Old Dominion University (Nursing students only – RN to BSHS)
- Old Dominion University (Nursing students only – RN to BSN)
- Western Governor’s University