Heating, Ventilation & Air Conditioning 1 (HVAC 1) is the first in a series of four levels of training designed by the National Center for Construction Education and Research (NCCER).
Designed by highly qualified subject matter experts to help advance your career in the HVAC industry, in this level of this four-level program, you will be introduced to:
• Basic HVAC technology and terminology
• HVAC trade math
• Basic electricity and electrical safety
• Heating and cooling fundamentals
• Fundamentals of the refrigeration cycle
• Operation of common HVAC tools and instruments
• HVAC piping skills
This is a twenty-week hybrid course with a required four-hour weekly classroom/lab period meeting one evening per week and online homework/activities to be completed before the next class session.
FastForward Financial Assistance Funding
Qualifying Virginia residents may be eligible for FastForward financial assistance, which could reduce the cost of tuition by two-thirds