Masks are encouraged while indoors on the DSLCC Main Campus and the Rockbridge Regional Center. If you attend a clinical site or any other DSLCC instructional site, you must follow the guidelines provided at that site.
If you think or know you have COVID-19 or you have been exposed to someone who has COVID-19, notify your supervisor or your instructor to keep them informed.
Quarantine (IF YOU'VE BEEN EXPOSED)
Regardless of vaccination status, you must quarantine if you have been in close contact (within 6 feet of someone for a cumulative total of 15 minutes or more over a 24-hour period) with someone who has COVID-19. Be sure to notify your supervisor or your instructor to keep them informed.
People who are fully vaccinated do NOT need to quarantine after contact with someone who had COVID-19 unless they have symptoms.
What to do
- Stay home for 5 days. After that continue to wear a mask around others for 5 additional days.
- Test on day 5 if possible.
Exceptions: Persons working or participating in healthcare settings with COVID patients, which require appropriate medical grade PPE, are not considered to be exposed and are not required to quarantine. If the persons are exposed outside of the medical setting, the the quarantine policy will apply.
ISOLATE (IF YOU HAVE SYMPTOMS OR TEST POSITIVE)
Regardless of vaccination status, you must isolate if you have tested positive for COVID-19 or develop COVID-19 like symptoms. Be sure to notify your supervisor or your instructor to keep them informed.
What to do
- Stay home for 10 days and isolate from others in your home.
- Wear a well-fitted mask if you must be around others in your home.
- End isolation after 10 full days if you are fever-free for 24 hours (without the use of fever-reducing medication) and your symptoms are improving.
Symptoms of COVID-19
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported- ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. Anyone can have mild to severe symptoms. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting