Information for Parents

Frequently Asked Questions

Is my Child Eligible?

Any high school student who is a junior or senior is eligible to participate in the dual enrollment program offered by his/her local high school. Students must have their parent’s permission, and their guidance counselor’s permission to enroll in dual courses, and they must complete the college application. In some instances, students who are not yet juniors may register for dual enrollment classes with special permission from their high school principal or guidance counselor. In addition, all students will be required to complete the College’s placement tests, and score satisfactorily on the exam before they will be accepted into dual enrolled classes. (ACT, PSAT or SAT scores may be accepted in certain situations)

Will the course transfer?

Dabney S. Lancaster Community College is accredited by the Southern Association of Colleges and Schools.

Most students who have completed a course with a grade of C or better have little difficulty transferring their college level coursework. However, the transferability of any particular class is solely at the discretion of the accepting institution. It is important to understand the specific requirements of the accepting institution.

What classes are offered?

Courses vary among high schools but typically include the general education requirements of a bachelor’s degree. These courses may include the following: science, English, and math. The technical centers offer a greater variety of classes. Please check with your schools guidance counselor for the courses offered at your school.

What is the cost?

The tuition at DSLCC is very affordable. The actual cost to the student is determined by your school system. Please see your school representative for current tuition rates and payment procedures.

Is financial aid available?

Students who are still attending high school are not eligible for any financial aid programs offered through the college. Grant funds may be available for Career and Technical Education courses. Talk to your high school counselor to see if there are any grant funds available.