Dual Enrollment Information for Instructors
Initial Responsibilities of Dual Enrollment Instructors
- Prospective dual enrollment faculty must submit a state employment application and official college transcripts to DSLCC before they are eligible to teach dual enrollment classes. Transcripts must only be submitted once unless additional degrees or certificates have been awarded.
Semester/Yearly Responsibilities of Dual Enrollment Instructors
- Dual enrollment instructors are responsible for emailing a copy of their course syllabus to the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator (email@example.com) at least 2 weeks before the start of their class. Instructors must utilize a specific format when creating their syllabus, which can be found in the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Handbook.
- Instructors are responsible for distributing student course evaluations to their dual enrollment students towards the end of each course. These will be provided to each dual enrollment instructor, complete with instructions, and are expected to be returned to the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator no later than two weeks before the end of each course.
- Dual enrollment instructors are responsible for entering grades into SIS after their course is complete. Final grades are due within one week from the end of class. Grades entered into Blackboard do not automatically transfer over into SIS.
- Instructors will be observed by the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator, or a DSLCC faculty member, at least once per year for every course they teach. This is a cooperative process and the deadlines expressed within the Class Observation Assessment Form should be strictly adhered to.
- Dual enrollment instructors are strongly encouraged to contact the appropriate DSLCC Program Head if they have questions relating to the course they are teaching.
- Dual enrollment instructors are expected to maintain contact with the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator as needed.
- Dual enrollment instructors are highly encouraged to attend faculty orientations and other in-service programs agreed upon by the college and the school division.
- Dual enrollment instructors will be required to submit the following documents to the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator for review immediately following the completion of their course: Copies of major assessments and the assessment scale, e.g., midterm exam and final exam. Not every assessment is necessary, so be selective.
In courses where writing is the predominate evaluative criteria (ex: English), an instructor portfolio is required for review that should consist of the following:
- Sample assignment sheets and evaluative rubrics. Not every paper is necessary, so be selective.
- The complete portfolio of 2 students, demonstrating all of the major work completed during the semester/year.
- A few examples of student work of various levels- A’s, B’s, C’s- Names must be redacted.
- Once an instructor’s portfolio is approved by the College, future submissions only need to include major assessments, the assessment scale, and evaluative rubrics, unless otherwise stated by the DSLCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator.
For more information on DSLCC’s Dual Enrollment Program, contact Joe Hagy, Dual Enrollment Coordinator, 540-863-2925, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Like DSLCC Dual Enrollment on Facebook