The Business Administration program is the first two years of a four-year discipline that combines a general education approach with broad programs in business to provide the fundamentals of sound business theories and practices. It is designed to allow students to transfer into the third year of a four-year college or university business program.
Students who transfer in this program may wish to major in one of the following fields:
Advantages for students who complete the Associate of Arts and Sciences Degree and transfer to a four (4)-year state college or university are:
- Eligible for the many Guaranteed Admissions Agreement that the Virginia Community College System has with a wide variety of four-year colleges and universities
- Given priority over those students who have not completed their AA&S Degree
- Considered to have met the lower-division general-education requirements of the state four (4)-year college or university to which they may transfer
- Considered to have attained junior standing at the state four (4) year college or university to which they may transfer
- To the extent possible, given the same opportunities in areas such as course selection, registration, access to campus housing and financial aid as those students who attended their freshman and sophomore years
- Eligible for a State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) Transfer Grant which would substantially reduce their financial burden when they transfer
In addition to the Guaranteed Admission Agreements that the Virginia Community College System has with certain school, DSLCC has agreements with the following schools:
Also informative for Education majors: Pre-Teacher Education Transfer
Without the AA&S Degree, students may not be eligible for these advantages.
Students who meet the admission requirements to the College are eligible for enrollment into the program. Students are expected to be proficient in basic English, mathematics and reading. Appropriate developmental courses are available for those who need to improve proficiency in these areas.
In addition to admission requirements established by Dabney S. Lancaster Community College, satisfactory completion of specific high school units or their equivalent are required:
- 4 units of English
- 3 - 4 units of college preparatory mathematics
- 1 unit of laboratory science
- 1 unit of social science