<- back to CEWS
Career Readiness Certificate
Virginia's Career Readiness Certificates now available at DSLCC!
Are you ready to advance your career or continue your education, yet unsure of the next step?
Virginia’s Career Readiness Certificate is designed to help describe the abilities of a potential or current employee in three important work-related areas:
- Applied mathematics
- Reading for information
- Locating information
Virginia's Career Readiness Certificate can help:
- Certify employment skills across multiple industries and companies.
- Demonstrate specific skills to an employer. It illustrates the basic workplace skills most jobs require and can link to advancing employees' careers.
- Transition from one industry to another by showing how your current skills can be used in new fields.
- Enter college if a job seeker or employee has not already begun their post-secondary education.
- Assist an employee to move up the career ladder into supervision and then onto management in many industry areas.
Our Continuing Education and Workforce Services Center (CEWS) will award this certificate after an individual completes a standardized test and meets one of three levels based on performance:
- Bronze signifies that a recipient possesses skills for approximately 30% of jobs.
- Silver signifies that a recipient possesses skills for approximately 65% of jobs.
- Gold signifies that a recipient possesses skills for approximately 90% of jobs.
Affordable cost: $45 for testing in all three areas (Note: if you have taken these tests elsewhere and meet one of the three levels, the cost is $10 for obtaining the Certificate.)
For more information, go to Virginia's CRC website at:
Please contact Gary Keener at 540-863-2900 or email him at email@example.com for more information on testing schedules and locations.