<- back to Special Interest/Non-Credit Courses home page
<- back to CEWS home page
Motorcycle Rider Courses - Spring, Summer, Fall 2013
Basic Rider Courses
Spring 2013 Course Schedule*
- Friday-Sunday, April 26-28 (TRNS 1100-R2K)
- Friday-Sunday, May 17-19 (TRNS 1100-R1K) one spot open! Call (540) 863-2863 to register!
Summer 2013 Course Schedule*
(Note: as of the June course, the Basic Rider Motorcycle Course will be a one-credit course. The in-state tuition fee is $127.)
- Friday-Sunday, June 7-9 (TRNS 1100-R1K)
- Friday-Sunday, July 19-21 (TRNS 1100-R1K)
Fall 2013 Course Schedule*
- Friday-Sunday, August 23-25 (TRNS 1100-R1K)
- Friday-Sunday, September 27-29 (TRNS 1100-R2K)
- Friday-Sunday, October 11-13 (TRNS 1100-R2K) (note-- the October course may be cancelled)
Friday, 6:30 to 9:30 p.m., for the classroom portion -- Room 906, DSLCC Rockbridge Regional Center, 35 Vista Links Drive, Buena Vista
Saturday and Sunday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Lee-Hi Travel Plaza, Lexington.
This three-day Division of Motor Vehicles-sanctioned safety class will improve riding skills and knowledge, as well as reduce the chances for a two-wheeled mishap. Classroom time will focus on proper riding techniques. The range of activities, using DMV motorcycles, will permit students to practice and develop skills in a controlled learning environment. Throughout the course, students will be evaluated and coached by trained instructors. Successful completion of the course will require attending every session, passing a written knowledge test and passing a riding skills evaluation. Participants who pass both the written and riding skills tests will receive a 30-day DMV motorcycle license. Students must bring their driver's license or driver's learner's permit to class the first night. (A motorcycle learners permit is not necessary). Class size is limited to 12; classes fill up quickly.
* Interested persons are welcome to go "stand-by" for a course that is filled up. Arrive at the DSLCC Rockbridge Regional Center in Buena Vista by 6:30 p.m. on Friday night and if there is an opening, you may be able to get into the course, at the instructors' discretion. You must be prepared to register and pay that night. Call Judy Clark at (540) 863-2863 or (540) 460-1087 or the DSLCC Rockbridge Center at (540) 261-1211 for more information.
To register, contact Judy Clark at 540-863-2863 or email email@example.com. You may also register by calling the DSLCC Rockbridge Regional Center in Buena Vista at (540) 261-1211.