To celebrate, Dabney S. Lancaster Community College’s Writing Center is sponsoring a Poetry Contest.
Open to all DSLCC students, the contest is open now for submissions with the winner to be announced Friday, April 18th. Deadline for submissions is April 8th
Poems may be submitted:
- In person, drop off at the DSLCC Writing Center in the Library at Scott Hall
- by Email to Samantha Hale
- or via Facebook message to the Dabney S. Lancaster Community College Writing Center
- All entries must be the contestant’s original, previously unpublished work
- Entries must not exceed 1 page (single or double-spaced)
- No personal attacks/bullying
- Use clean, clearly legible fonts/copies for submission
Winners will receive gift baskets and a poetry celebration/reading/awards ceremony in their honor on April 22nd at 2:00pm in the Library.