Classifed Staff Positions (full-time)
College Success Coach
POSITION NO. R0039
SALARY: Restricted Full-Time Non-Exempt position with fringe benefits. Position will expire June 30, 2016.
Job Description: The college success coach is responsible for working with a target population of college students to support and enhance their success in college. (The target population of students is students who are considered underserved as a result of meeting one or more of three criteria: race/ethnicity, Pell status, and first generation, and who have completed 14 or fewer college credits.) The college success coach will assist students in the target population in developing individualized academic plans, applying for financial aid and scholarships, identifying academic needs and linking to tutoring or other learning support resources, visiting and/or teaching student development (SDV) classes, and providing follow up when risk factors such as poor attendance or low grades are evident. The college success coach will communicate with students in the target population on a regular basis and engage them in person individually and/or in small groups. College success coaches will communicate with college faculty and coordinate with student services personnel regarding students in the target population to ensure that they have access to college resources and support that will lead to completion of their academic program. College success coaches will capture appropriate data on student communications, interactions, and success strategies in order to strengthen the college's use of college success coaches. The college success coach will work with faculty and student services staff to provide accommodations to students with disabilities as needed. Travel between DSLCC locations and occasional overnight travel for training purposes may be required.
Qualifications: A baccalaureate degree is required, with a degree in a related field, such as counseling, human resources, social services, or adult education. The college success coach must have knowledge and experience in the following areas:
- Strong interpersonal skills to help engage, provide support to, and motivate students
- Ability to develop individualized academic plans with students that will lead to program completion; Knowledge of and links to financial aid and scholarship information available through the college.
- Academic and career counseling skills; Effective problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge of specific needs of underserved populations in order to attain educational success
- Ability to work with students with identified risk factors for academic success; Ability to work with college faculty and staff in support of student success.
- Strong communication skills; proficient in use of Microsoft Office and social media; strong presentation and facilitation skills
Submit an on-line Virginia State Application. Only on-line applications will be accepted. Selected applicant will be subject to a background/credential check as a condition of employment. Documents verifying your identity and authorization to work in the United States must be presented upon employment. Incomplete on-line applications will not be accepted. Position will close March 14, 2014.
Academic Advisor / ELI Liaison
Position # 00054
Job Description: The Academic Advisor provides information on the academic programs and services of DSLCC by meeting individually with the new and continuing students and by making presentations to various groups. Conduct recruitment visits at schools and other locations in the service region. Support student success by working with students at risk students out as they are referred through early alerts from Faculty and staff. Serve as Extended Learning Institute Liaison between DSLCC and NVCC. Perform other duties as needed related the academic support of current and prospective students.
Minimum Qualification: Education, training, and/or work experience equivalent to a Bachelor’s degree in coursework in counseling or related field such as education, or other applicable field.
KSA’s and or Competencies required to successfully perform the work:
- Knowledge of distance education practices
- Knowledge of student support and retention practices
- Knowledge of effective customer service techniques when serving a variety of customers in a fast-paced environment.
- Able to provide students with career counseling and accurate information about academic programs and services.
- Ability to work individually with little supervision and work in a team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing with diverse population
- Ability to speak professionally in front of groups, to conduct workshops, and to present in meetings
- Ability to use a variety of PC-based spreadsheet, database and word processing programs
Salary: Position is contingent upon funding. Restricted Full Time position with fringe benefits; Pay band 3
Posting will close March 11, 2014