On Ramp Additional Information
Participant Eligibility Criteria
General Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible to participate in WIA programs a person must:
- Be a Dislocated Worker
- Be 18 years of age or older
- Be a citizen or noncitizen authorized to work in the U.S.
- Male Only: meet Selective Service registration requirements (All males born on or after 1/1/1960 must comply with Military Selective Service Act requirements)
Dislocated Worker Eligibility Requirements
To be eligible as a dislocated worker, a person must meet one of the following:
- Terminated or laid off, or has received notice of termination or layoff
AND is eligible for or has exhausted entitlements to UC and is unlikely to return to previous industry or occupation
- Terminated or laid off, or has received notice of termination or layoff, and has been employed for sufficient duration (minimum of six weeks) to demonstrate workforce attachment, but is not eligible for UC due to insufficient earnings or employer not being covered under state compensation law and is unlikely to return to previous industry or occupation.
- Terminated or laid off, or has received notice of termination of layoff from employment as a result of permanent closure of, or substantial layoff at a plant, facility or enterprise.
- Employer has made a general announcement that facility will close.
- Previously Self-employed (including farmers, ranchers, and fisherman) but is unemployed due to general economic conditions in the community of residence or because of a natural disaster.
- Displaced Homemaker: An individual who has been providing unpaid services to family members in the home and who (A) has been dependent on the income of another family member, but is no longer supported by that income;
AND (B) is unemployed or underemployed and is experiencing difficulty upgrading or obtaining employment.
“Funded by: United States Department of Labor Workforce Investment Act Title I funds.”