Admission of Home Schooled Students
DSLCC welcomes home schooled students! Applicants should generally be at least 16 years old and comply with the following procedures.
- Applicants will provide a current copy of a completed and signed home schooled agreement between the appropriate school system and the authorizing parent or guardian.
- An applicant whose home schooling does not require a home schooled agreement should generally be 18 years of age and able to demonstrate the ability to benefit from a program at the College as evaluated by an appropriate score on the placement test or the SAT or ACT test.
- Applicants will submit a college application and meet with an academic advisor for course approval.
- Applicants will complete placement testing in mathematics, English and reading unless they have taken the SAT or ACT test.
- Applicants will meet with an academic advisor to plan their program of study.