Additional Aid / Financial Aid Alternatives
- DSLCC’s Educational Foundation offers institutional scholarships as an additional form of aid.
- Local/Private Scholarships may also offer scholarships as an additional form of aid.
- Online scholarship searches may provide additional forms of aid.
- VA benefits may be available to veterans. Please visit the website for the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs for detailed information regarding benefits.
- Dislocated workers may qualify for the Dislocated Worker program. For more information, please call 540-620-6391 to speak with Jenny Wright.
- DSLCC’s Business Office offers the option of setting up a payment plan.
Subsidized/Unsubsidized (for both dependent and independent students; for students who already have a Bachelor’s degree) Students must be signed in with their own Federal Student Aid PIN. Click on the green Sign In button.
For parents of dependent students. Parents must be signed in with their own Federal Student Aid PIN. Click on the green Sign In button.
Loan Counseling, 2016-2017 (PDF presentation)
This site is managed by the US Department of Education and includes the following information:
- School Code List
- Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
- Renewal FAFSA
- Student Guide
- Guide to Defaulted Loans
Additional sites managed by the US Department of Education
Additional web sites
State Council of Higher Education for Virginia (SCHEV) â€” Blog on Financial Aid for Higher Education in Virginia. An online resource for students, parents, and education personnel who are seeking information about federal and state financial aid. Provides an informal forum for Virginians to ask questions and gather information about financial aid opportunities.