- Student/Faculty Ratio (Spring 2016): 12.5/1
- Annual Enrollment 2015-2016: 1,806
- Annualized FTEs 2015-2016: 714
- Annual Dual Enrollment 2015-2016: 682
- Annualized Dual Enrollment FTEs 2015-2016: 148
- Annual Enrollment Gender 2014-15: 58% Female; 42% Male
- Three-Year average of graduates (2013/14-2015/16): 163
- Three-Year average of credentials awarded (2012/13-2014-15): 208
- Average student age (Fall 2015): 22.4
- Median student age (Fall 2015): 18
- Average class size: 10
- Total degrees: 12 (plus 3 specializations)
- Total certificates and career studies certificates: 36
- Support Services/Activities: Academic preparation by tutoring, advising, job placement assistance, and student organizations.
- Housing: Off-campus, affordable options available to students.
- Number of full-time employees (Fall 2015): 76
- Number of part-time employees (Fall 2015): 171
- DSLCC receives 43% of its funding from state appropriations, and less than 1% from localities. The remaining funds are derived from tuition and fees.
- Over $19 million of the local and State economy is attributable to DSLCC.
- Over 500 jobs across the service area and State are attributable to DSLCC.
- For every state and local dollar invested in DSLCC, the College returns $2.89 to the Commonwealth.
- In 2014, the Aspen Institute’s College Excellence Program named DSLCC one of the top 150 community colleges out of more than 1,100 two-year colleges nationwide. The Program is the nation’s signature recognition of high achievement and performance among America’s community colleges and recognizes institutions for exceptional student outcomes in four areas: student learning, certificate and degree completion, employment and earnings, and high levels of access and success for minority and low-income students.
- In 2014, the Alleghany Highlands Chamber of Commerce recognized DSLCC as the Employer of the Year.
- In 2016, the American Association of Community Colleges (AACC) recognized DSLCC and President John Rainone as the recipient of the Emerging Leadership Awards of Excellence award.