<- back to Library Homepage
Welcome to the VCCS LRC Tutorials Web page. These tutorials have been developed by staff at a number of the colleges and represent an on-going effort to provide our users with good introductions to the many resources that are available to them.
From time to time, you'll notice new tutorials added to the page as additional sections of orientation are assessed and evaluated as needing further detail.
At this point only selected DSLCC students are required to follow any instructions for answering questions, quizzes or tests.
Click on any of the following links for an introduction to that resource:
CONNECT for Success -- a tutorial for information literacy.
VCCS' CONNECT for Success tutorial is based on James Madison University Carrier Library's "Go for the Gold" information tutorial. JMU has given us permission to use their content in our tutorial.
WebPac -- This tutorial introduces searching in the web based library catalogs of the VCCS.
FirstSearch -- This tutorial introduces searching in the largest of the index and abstracts databases available to VCCS users.
These tutorials were developed under the direction the Web Development Sub-committee of the VCCS Library Automation Advisory Committee. The members of the sub-committee and others who worked on one or more of the tutorials are listed below:
- Annemarie Anderson ; Northern Virginia CC, Alexandria Campus
- Bishop, Lisa; J. Sargeant Reynolds CC, Parham Road Campus
- Boyce, Grace; Virginia Highlands CC
- Butler, Pat; Northern Virginia CC, Manassas Campus
- Dessino, Jacque; Tidewater CC
- Gray, David; Blue Ridge CC
- Hillman, David; Virginia Western CC (Sub-committee chair)
- Larkin, Linda; Germanna CC
- Marhanka, Beth; formerly NVCC, now at Georgetown University
Stanton, Ruth; Northern Virginia CC, Annandale Campus
- Zarnosky, Maggie, Northern Virginia CC, Alexandria Campus