On Ramp Program
The On Ramp Program represents the convergence of efforts taken by the VCCS to align it's new strategic plan, Achieve 2015, with career pathways planning and expanded rapid response assistance for unemployed and underemployed individuals.
The fundamental GOAL of the project, which targets displaced adult workers who are unemployed or underemployed, is to increase the number of adults who obtain postsecondary education credentials, thus enhancing their ability to improve their employment situation.
Benefits of the Program:
- Receive Financial Assistance to pay for Tuition, Books, Supplies and Fees
- Receive assistance and support of a Career Pathways Consultant
- Formulate and develop a Career Pathway (Program of Study) for employment
- Use the Virginia Educational Wizard to identify interests, skills, and work values
- Receive a credential, such as a Certificate, License, or Associate Degree
- Identify the top 10 employers in the region based on assessment results
- Receive employment assistance
Refer to the Eligibility link to see if you qualify!
Please contact Joyce Shull Broughman, Adult Career Pathways Consultant, by email at email@example.com or by calling 540-863-2923 for more information regarding the On Ramp Program eligibility requirements.