Non-Traditional Scholarships are available for adult learners who chose not to pursue post-secondary education immediately after high school graduation, but now wish to enroll in DSLCC to gain marketable job skills, facilitate their career advancement or successfully change career paths.
IT IS NECESSARY TO FILL OUT ONLY ONE APPLICATION. THE SCHOLARSHIP COMMITTEE WILL SCREEN AND MATCH QUALIFICATIONS TO SCHOLARSHIP CRITERIA.
REQUIREMENTS: (Some scholarships have additional requirements--please contact the Educational Foundation office or click here for individual scholarship histories and additional requirements.)
1. Be enrolled in Dabney S. Lancaster Community College
2. Posess a high school diploma or GED Certificate
3. Well-defined career goals
4. Preference given to residents of college’s service area
5. Preference given to Virginia residents
PROCEDURE FOR APPLICATION: Along with a completed application form, please submit the following:
1. Letter/essay from applicant describing career goals
2. Two letters of recommendation (letters from family members not
3. Official High School Transcript or copy of GED Certificate
4. Signed Information Release Form (click here)
YOU MUST ENSURE THAT YOUR APPLICATION, LETTERS OF RECOMMENDATION, ESSAY, AND A SIGNED INFORMATION RELEASE FORM ARE RECEIVED BY THE FOUNDATION OFFICE NO LATER THAN JUNE 2, 2012 . YOUR APPLICATION MAY BE PRINTED AND DELIVERED IN PERSON TO THE EDUCATIONAL FOUDNATION OFFICE, ROOM 104, BACKELS HALL, OR MAILED TO THE ADDRESS BELOW.